Thursday 8 May 2014

Day 8: A book that I'd like to read...

Hi All

This was an easy post for me as I absolutely love reading and have so many books that I would like to read, the hardest part was choosing one from my long list of titles! I finally chose:


I am a huge Jane Austen fan and I like to read any modern novels that relate to her, or any spin offs! Some are really good, others not so! But I like to give them a go. I have wanted to read 'Austenland' for a good while now and I'm not sure why I haven't even bought it. I think I am a bit dubious about it as it has had quite a bit of hype from Austen fans and I often find that things don't live up to the hype and I am disappointed when I experience them for myself. I often feel that I should have been born and lived in Austen times so know that this would be the perfect novel for me....watch this space, I may eventually get to read it and do a review for all of you to see! Here is the blurb if you're interested:

Jane is a young New York woman who can never seem to find the right man-perhaps because of her secret obsession with Mr. Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. When a wealthy relative bequeaths her a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-obsessed women, however, Jane's fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become more real than she ever could have imagined. Is this total immersion in a fake Austenland enough to make Jane kick the Austen obsession for good, or could all her dreams actually culminate in a Mr. Darcy of her own?

Looking forward to seeing what you would like to read and possibly adding them to my very long list too!

Thanks for popping by.
Hugs
Arline
xx

4 comments:

  1. Was this book made into a movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great novel mixed with emotions and fun at the same time. Not usually my thing but after reading about it I am now putting it on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Kwizgiver...tried to leave a comment on your page but wouldn't load comments for some reason :( Haven't watched it yet though...book first!x

    ReplyDelete