Tuesday 6 May 2014

Day 6: A favourite photo of me.

Hi All

For those of you who know me in 'real life,' you will know how hard this topic was! I absolutely hate having my picture taken and rarely like any of them lol! But I was up for the challenge and have found this photo:


This photo was taken at my hen party (obviously!) nearly four years ago now! I really like this photo for a variety of different reasons. Firstly, I like it because I was pretty happy with my weight at this point, I'd slimmed down a little (I'm never going to be a size 8!) and felt confident in myself-unlike now since having a baby recently! Secondly, it reminds me of the fun we had at a party that was just what I wanted-I am not a person that goes out every weekend, we had a night of pampering from a mobile beauty therapist and some fun and games with a buffet at my house-it was such a giggle. Finally, I look so relaxed and that's how I was, the stress of work wasn't getting to me, I was excited about getting married and I was enjoying a drink which I rarely do!

So there is a rare picture that I like of myself! At the moment, as I bet most new Mums, I feel a bit down about how I look, am back on the diet and trying to pull myself out of the PJs and no make up stage lol! Not that I would change having a baby for the world but my goal is to get back to how I was and how I felt in this piccie!

Hope you have enjoyed my ramblings today!
Hugs
Arline
xx

4 comments:

  1. Arline I think there is an art to taking a good photo when you are a new mum - headshot only, great light, baby in front of you to hide anything and everything. And I so encourage you to take as many photos as you can because this time goes soooooo fast. In 20 years time I'm sure you and your baby will very happy to look back on these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really look relaxed in this picture, beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pic of you!!! I'd love to see more pics of you coming up here and on facebook please :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, relaxation. A wonderful state of being!

    ReplyDelete