Saturday 24 May 2014

Day 24: My dinner party...

Hi All

I really liked the prompt for today. What three people would I invite to people tonight if I could? Here they are:

1) My Dad - unfortunately, my Dad died nearly 12 years ago when he was only 44 years old and I was 18. If I had the chance for him to come back, even if only for a few hours, I would jump at it. We weren't on speaking terms which is something that I have always regretted and continue to to this day...this would give me the chance to speak to him and tell him how much I loved him-I won't go into too much detail but I would love to just have a few minutes with him to make things right. It's taken me a long time to grieve and I am probably still grieving but I hope he is looking down on me and is proud of who I am today. And yes, that is me with my Dad when I was little lol! (Sorry, that was really deep...will go onto a 'lighter' guest now!)


2) Jane Austen - sorry she is getting such a mention at the moment but Jane Austen is my favourite author and I would just love to spend the evening with her. I think she had a wicked sense of humour and I would love to chat to her about how her life was, what she got out of writing and which of her novels she liked the best.


3) Michael Buble - I am a really big fan and would love to meet him. He is such a character and I think he could provide the entertainment after we had eaten lol! I love it when he sings his swing numbers in particular but I do like his more recent songs too. He is also gorgeous....sorry hubby! I'd probably just stare at him all night lol!


Wow, picking three was really hard! I need about 10 spaces! Who would you invite? Can't wait to hear your choices!

Hugs
Arline
xx

7 comments:

  1. Your list is beautiful. And I liked the 'deep' bit. It's who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful guest list. I lost my daddy when I was 30 and I thought that was too young. I can't imagine at only 18. On a lighter note - thanks for the picture of Michael Buble - a treat on this Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was/is hard....I have a younger brother and sister too...they were only 13 and 11 :( Ooh yes, have to have a bit of a treat with the Buble!x

      Delete
  3. I really like your answers. I think 10 choices would be hard, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great list!!! (BIG HuGS) sorry to read about you losing your Dad so young and feeling so bad too.. I'm sure he would be so proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete