Since having a baby, Friday is a different story to what it used to be! I used to look forward to lie ins, going out perhaps having a shopping spree, it usually meant at least one day off (the other would be spent lesson planning, marking, writing reports etc.) and it was a chance to try and relax with my hubby. Now it has changed...not for the worse...it's just different! At the moment here are five things that I love on a Friday:
- My husband coming home knowing we will have some time together, even if it is just chilling at home with our gorgeous baby girl.
- A little more sleep! Usually on a Friday night, my husband will take charge on the night shift/early shift so I can catch up on a little sleep.
- This is something awful to admit to but since being with my husband and getting to know his Marvel obsession more, I really enjoy watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. programme! Best not let my hubby watch this!
- 'Proper tea'-as a child, Friday nights were always 'proper tea' nights which was like a little buffet! My Mum used to make sandwiches or crackers, get some crisps and cake out and we'd just snack on it for the evening whilst watching telly or a film together as a family. I still make my hubby have this now, even though it is a little strange to him (and my sister-in-law as my older brother makes her do it too!)
- Planning our weekend. With not being at work at the moment it is lovely to spend the weekends doing family things. We have started going for a walk straight after Church on a Sunday which gives us chance to catch up and enjoy being together as a family in a different place to the supermarket!
Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to read what five things you love on a Friday are!